[Vision2020] “His View: My West Coast journey as a Vietnam War protester”

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 14:12:05 PDT 2017

Thanks, Tom, for posting this.  Attached is the long version.  Here is one
paragraph that I want to share here.

On October 11, 2017, Trump did not stand nor did he stop talking to Sean
Hannity during a bugle call at a hangar for the Pennsylvania Air National
Guard in Harrisburg. Totally clueless as to military protocol, Trump
thought that the music was for them: “What a nice sound that is. Are they
playing that for you or for me”? Trump turned to the audience and said:
“They’re playing that in honor of [Hannity’s] ratings.”

Can we possibly survive this idiot?

nfg

--

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they
shall never sit in.

-Greek proverb

“Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance
from another. This immaturity is self- imposed when its cause lies not in
lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without
guidance from another. Sapere Aude! ‘Have courage to use your own
understand-ing!—that is the motto of enlightenment.

--Immanuel Kant