[Vision2020] Caturday (November 11, 2017)

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sat Nov 11 05:27:18 PST 2017

Woman decides she wants to adopt a cat, one that had to be a middle-aged calico, and if she found such a cat she would it name it Bella. She goes to the shelter and is greeted by a 6-year-old calico . . . named Bella.  Serendipity, thy name is Caturday.

Courtesy of TC Palm (Stuart, Florida) at:

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/specialty-publications/your-news/st-lucie-county/reader-submitted/2017/11/09/going-home-bella-perfect-cat-gets-perfect-home/849207001/

———————————————

GOING HOME: Bella: 'Perfect' cat gets perfect home

FORT PIERCE — Nancy Hochella wanted to adopt a cat - a cat which she had never met, but a cat she knew would be perfect for her.

Her perfect cat was to be middle-aged, so as not to engage in any wild kitten antics, it was to be a calico, her favorite from years ago, and – if she were to find such a cat – she had planned to name it Bella.

“I looked all over Fort Pierce and St. Lucie,” explained Nancy, who stopped by Dogs & Cats Forever a few weeks ago.

As fate would have it, a six-year-old calico in Room 2, named Bella, walked out to meet her.

“When I saw her,” said Nancy, “I wasn’t looking anymore.”

It’s a good thing that Nancy didn’t meet Bella when she arrived at Dogs & Cats a year ago, as it was very difficult to tell exactly what Bella looked like.

Her fur was gone and she had a rash over most of her body from a flea allergy.

Fortunately, over the next few months, her lovely long calico fur grew back, and eventually, she was ready to meet the public.

At home, Nancy said that Bella adjusted quickly.

“She cuddles with me all the time,” said Nancy, adding that when she sits in the recliner, Bella jumps on her lap, kneads for 15 minutes and then curls up to sleep, sometimes for hours.

“She follows me everywhere,” said Nancy, adding that Bella is great with their guests, doesn’t shy away from house noises – even the smoke detector – and that she is even good in the car, purring on her lap and looking out of the window.

Nancy doesn’t know why Bella was at the shelter so long, but she’s happy that she was there to meet her, saying, “She’s the perfect cat.”

———————-

Photos . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Caturday/Caturday_111117_01.jpg

Nancy Hochella and Bella get ready to go home.
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Caturday/Caturday_111117_02.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.com