[Vision2020] CBS 11-1-17 "Trump's response to NYC attack in sharp contrast to Vegas massacre reaction"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 19:13:08 PST 2017

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce
outside the Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/>
forum without the express written permission of the author.*****
----------------------------

CBS ran a news story showing side by side audio/video that revealed the
stunning bias of Trump in his advocacy for policy changes to address US
mass killings, whether deemed "terrorism" or not, comparing his response to
the Las Vegas shootings and the recent Manhattan truck attack.  The
following news stories illustrate this astonishing bias.

Now with this Texas mass shooting from a "white" apparently former US
military male, will Trump again downplay the need for policy responses to
address the culture of firearm violence endemic to US society, while he
continues to focus aggressively on Islamic immigration linked violence?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/5/devin-kelley-identified-gunman-church-shooting/
"Kelley is a 26-year-old Air Force veteran from nearby New Braunfels,
Texas, according to a LinkedIn account tied to his name and several news
outlets."

-----------------------------

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-donald-trump-new-york-city-attack-las-vegas-shooting-massacre/

Trump's response to NYC attack in sharp contrast to Vegas massacre reaction

Last Updated Nov 1, 2017 7:34 PM EDT

President Trump's response to the attack
<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-city-terror-suspect-sayfullo-saipov-bragging-about-attack-from-hospital-bed/>
Tuesday
in New York City was in sharp contrast to what he did after the Las Vegas
massacre.

It was one month ago Wednesday that a former accountant opened fire on a
country music concert <https://www.cbsnews.com/feature/las-vegas-shooting/>,
killing 58 people.

In the days that followed, the president was clear it was not the time to
discuss policy, CBS News' chief congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes
reports.

"Well, we're not going to talk about that today," Mr. Trump had said during
a news conference. "We won't talk about that. We'll be talking about gun
laws as time goes by."

In contrast, within hours of Tuesday's terror attack in lower Manhattan,
the president was vowing "to step up our already extreme vetting program"
and calling for an immigration overhaul.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-new-york-terror-attack-reaction-las-vegas-mass-shooting-contrast-isis-immigration-gun-a8031301.html
What Donald Trump's contrasting reactions to the New York terror attack and
Las Vegas shooting say about him

After the Las Vegas shooting by a white American, the US president avoided
making policy announcements about gun control or criticising organisations
like the NRA.  After the New York truck attack by a suspected Muslim
foreigner, there was no such hesitation.

Adam Lusher Wed. Nov. 1 2017

In the wake of the New York terror attack,
<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/manhattan-terrorism-attack-truck-new-york-latest-news-updates-tribeca-nypd-police-a8030376.html>
it has become the contrast that some claim speaks volumes about Donald
Trump. <http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/DonaldTrump>

When a white American with a semi-automatic rifle killed 59 people in Las
Vegas <http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/las-vegas-shooting>in the worst
mass shooting in US history, it took Mr Trump five hours
<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-twitter-las-vegas-shooting-condolences-victims-families-us-president-a7978581.html>
to offer his condolences, and even longer to suggest it wasn’t the time to
discuss policy matters like gun control.

When an apparently Muslim Uzbek national
<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/new-york-truck-attack-latest-today-sayfullo-saipov-suspect-picture-released-police-terror-incident-a8030601.html>
used a hire truck to kill at least eight people in New York, there was no
such hesitation.  And to some, it said everything about Mr Trump's
willingness to exploit fear of Muslim immigrants
<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-speech-republican-presidential-candidate-calls-for-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-a6764301.html>while
doing nothing to offend his gun-loving core supporters.

Within 90 minutes of the New York attack Mr Trump had tweeted “NOT IN THE
USA”, following up half an hour later with an apparent immigration
reference: “We must not allow to Isis to return, or enter, our country” –
all before he got round to offering his condolences to the victims and
their families.

Within hours of the New York attack, Mr Trump was explicitly linking the
incident to immigration policy action, informing his twitter followers: “I
have just ordered Homeland Security to step up our already Extreme Vetting
Program [for refugees seeking entry to the US].