[Vision2020] Labrador's priorities are clear

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Tue Mar 28 08:45:57 PDT 2017

On 3/28/2017 8:02 AM, Ron Force wrote:
> https://thinkprogressorg/raul-labrador-paid-family-leave-832dd5094af7
> <https://thinkprogress.org/raul-labrador-paid-family-leave-832dd5094af7>
>
> On Tuesday morning’s /Morning Joe/, host Mika Brzezinski welcomed
> House Freedom Caucus member Raul Labrador (R-ID) to discuss the
> failure of the Republican health care plan. Labrador opposed Trumpcare
> <http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/23/gop-rep-raul-labrador-still-no-health-care-bill-obamacare-replacement> for
> not cutting enough, so Brzezinski opened the interview by asking him
> why he doesn’t support paid family leave. She was astonished when he
> didn’t seem to care.
>
> “It should be up to the business,” Labrador explained. “I owned a
> business for ten years. I paid for my — for the insurance for the
> people that worked for me. I gave them leave whenever they needed
> leave and I helped them out. It should be up to the individual
> business person to decide that.”
>
> When Brzezinski pressed whether the leave was specifically /family
> /leave, Labrador tried (but failed) to avoid the question, admitting
> he offered vacation and sick leave, but not a separate paid family
> leave. “They have vacation, they had sick days, they had a bunch of
> things,” he said. “Those things cost me money and I did it willingly.
> I don’t think the government should be forcing that. I know you want
> the government to force more spending, but I don’t.”
>
> Brzezinski kept trying to find a way to see if Labrador was at all
> concerned about families who need that kind of leave, but he simply
> insisted that it wasn’t what he was there to talk about...

Labrador appears to be from out-of-this-world.  He has appeared here
without his interplanetary papers in order.  He is working on behalf of
his alien corporate masters to keep earth-bound American humans at
quality-of-life disadvantages while allowing other planetary foreigners
to develop and maintain competitive advantages over the American
workforce and electorate.  Not only is this not appropriate immigration
counseling for any American constituency, it is also bad psychological,
medical, and health care advocacy for the better well-being and
increased productivity of workers everywhere.

Good reporting work from Brzezinski for allowing Labrador to expose and
illustrate his political status as clearly detrimental to the majority
of his constituents.

Ken

---