[Vision2020] A photo from the past . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 16:31:59 PDT 2017

Never heard of them...

Bur rumor has it that the University of Idaho once had a renegade
philosophy professor who propagandized the gullible minds of youth with a
course on Godless existentialism...

But the rise of the evangelical religious right in the US is saving us from
these dangerous morally relativistic trends of modernity, as evidenced by
the following data showing white evangelicals voted 81 percent for Trump in
2016, and comprised about 26% of all voters.  That last fact I find so
incredible I doubt the accuracy, but several sources indicate its veracity.

Trump propaganda racial messages were beyond dog whistles, thus the "white"
support:  "So Much For Dog Whistles. Trump Has Now Fully Embraced White
Nationalists."
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-embraces-the-alt-right-cd91cc889154
------------------------------------

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/

"While roughly a quarter of  voters in 2016 described themselves as white,
born-again or evangelical Christians (26%), ..."
------------------------------------
https://www.prri.org/spotlight/religion-vote-presidential-election-2004-2016/

White Christians Side with Trump

Daniel Cox, Ph.D. <https://www.prri.org/staff/daniel-cox-ph-d/>,
11.09.2016

In an election that provided a slew of unpredictable turns, the religion
vote broke along strikingly familiar lines. More than eight in ten (81%)
white evangelical Protestants supported President-elect Donald Trump,
slightly higher than former Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s support in
2012 (78%), while Clinton’s share was an anemic 16%. White evangelical
Christians made up a sizable part of the electorate comprising roughly
one-quarter (26%) of all voters similar to their share in previous
elections.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

. . . from the 1974 University of Idaho yearbook.  See if any names are