[Vision2020] Jim Risch

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri Jun 9 14:45:08 PDT 2017

On 06/09/2017 11:56 AM, rhayes at frontier.com wrote:
> Jim Risch made a fool of himself yesterday trying to "lawyer" Comey by
> insisting that the president saying, "I *hope* the FBI (Comey) would
> see fit to let Flynn go" is not some kind of directive. Comey stood
> his ground by insisting that when the president says that he hopes
> something happens, it is understood that this is inherently a directive.
> Jim Risch is a worthless Trump shill and is worthless to Idaho and the
> nation. Grow a pair Jim Risch!

Though it may be uncomfortable to recognize it, the fact is that Risch
has been roosterizing Republican rantings in Idaho for nearly half a
century.  He was first elected in 1970, two years out of the local law
school, and has been strutting his stuff pretty much continuously ever
since.  He is 74 now, and will be 77 in 2020 when he would run for a
third six-year U.S. Senate term if he chooses not to retire after 50
years of public life.

It is not impossible that he might actually lose the 2020 election if a
political tsunami were to sweep the country from west to east, sweeping
the rabble, rubble, and rancid remains of raucous republicanism through
the Potomac swamp and out into the Atlantic.  Since Trump and his
cohorts are proposing to cancel funding for the west coast early warning
systems, perhaps they won't see a huge wave coming their way.  Seeing
Risch lose to a Democrat in a more reasonable revolution as Frank Church
lost to a Republican in the Reagan rumble would be a most satisfying
political rebalancing in a state that has been tilted off-balance for
far too long.

Ken