[Vision2020] Wishful Thinking

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sun Jan 1 07:14:20 PST 2017

“Wishful Thinking” by Bodie James

I wish for the day when a man is a man,
when the flaws of another aren't gold in his hand.

When the bread in his kitchen is ample for meals,
any extra is given without contracts or deals.

When the waste of a nation is a feast for the swine,
when compassion and honor are traits of mankind.

When we know we are human from the sadness we bare
when a life is extinguished anytime...anywhere.

When we prosper as brothers without culture or creed,
without hate or dissension, without anger and greed.

I wish for the moment when humanity wins,
when people aren't strangers but equals and friends.

When we break from a history of fear and regret,
and we stop looking back and start looking ahead.

When a lie is a weapon, when truth is a shield,
and knowledge a blade we can sharpen and wield.

When we vow to remember and dare to forget,
when we follow our path without judgement and threat.

I wish for the day we all read this and knew,
the reader's to blame, it can never come true...

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com