[Vision2020] The profane origins of 'Merry Christmas'

jb at hawkshare.com jb at hawkshare.com
Tue Dec 26 11:02:12 PST 2017

CHET-NUN
Thank you for the LA Times article on the origins of Christmas. The
ancient word a-MAS is a heap of stuff, usually brought as tribute to a
tyrant-king.
Torah teachers in American and elsewhere tell us that Santa Claus is a
type of the violent, predatory, pedophile King Molec (root of the word
molest.)
A Bible verse (available upon request) shows a wicked king holding
festivities on the 25th day of the month set by a wicked King.
I prefer not to bother people about their holidays, though - unless they
are hurting others - because there is a virtue that they cherish
underlying the holiday observance.
Many are uncovering the virtues of the holidays that the prophets set
down for us. For instance, the Sabbath on the 7th day is a full rest - a
cessation of activity - from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown.
Benefits of keeping Sabbath include a restful mindfulness and more
energy during the week; time for home and family relations; and an
opportunity to return to the innate closeness to nature that indigenous
people experience.
But for Christmas, I like to observe Olde Christmas on 6 January. The
tradition is that on this day the wise men brought presents to the
righteous baby-king, whose arrival they discerned from heavenly signs.
Shalom, salam, peace,
JB