[Vision2020] Out in the cold . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Dec 23 02:49:36 PST 2017

“Out In The Cold” by Sam Wheat (Redding , California)

(published in the December 23, 2017 edition of the Lewiston Tribune)

'Twas the night before Christmas at WSU.
And the Performing Arts department wondered what it would do.
The cuts had come down, from way up on high,
And they all hung their heads, and breathed a sad sigh.

A petition went round, that was signed by one thou,
And it outlined a way, we could save the place now.
With some salary cuts, Performing could live,
All it did need, was a few staff to give.

This plan all agreed, could keep the arts here,
But when it got to French Ad, it was met with a sneer.
"It wouldn't be fair!" They said with a whoop.
"As employees go, we're just but one group."

And later that night, Schulz sat down to dine,
Surrounded by food, cheese and good wine.
Not worried 'bout money, not worried at all,
And he dined with our head coach of football.

They cleaned off their plates, and had helpings again,
As Schulz gorged and made merry, along with his friend.
"Food tastes much better, from on top of the hill."
"It is good," said Leach, "why it tastes like 4 mil!"

And so WSU was marred by a pall
Led by a few, who wanted it all.
Their logic was thin and hard to behold,
When recalling those staff left out in the cold.

http://www.MoscowCares.com