[Vision2020] Bridge or bond, not both

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Dec 20 02:05:17 PST 2017

Courtesy of today’s (December 20, 2017) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Mike Dambra.

———————————————

Letter: Bridge or bond, not both

Most people in Moscow probably don't care about the Third Street bridge, but now that the true cost is more than $1 million, they just might care. They would probably rather have city-wide street repairs rather than a bridge that creates more problems than it solves.

While the city was holding donated funds for a pedestrian/bicycle bridge, a budget came out with a motor vehicle bridge in it. The old City Council passed the budget and acted like their hair was on fire to start construction. Who put the bridge in the budget and who authorized it? We deserve an answer.

Considering the increased cost of the bridge, the new City Council should revisit this issue in January, since the city will want to pass a bond for more than $8 million for a new police station. I agree in principle with this bond, but while the bridge is a "go," my vote is a "no." I urge all opponents of the bridge to tell the council that they won't support the bond, and we can stop this idiotic bridge boondoggle.

Mike Dambra, Moscow

More stuff ‘bout . . .

The Third Street Bridge
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Third_Street_Bridge