[Vision2020] Creating Welcoming and Affirming Communities: What Can We Do?

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Thu Dec 7 12:12:08 PST 2017

Moscow PFLAG officers Maggie Rehm and Iris Alatorre presented "Creating Welcoming and Affirming Communities: What Can We Do?" at the League of Women Voters of Moscow (LWV-Moscow) forum in the Fiske Room of Moscow’s 1912 Center. The talk offered a brief history of the organization, which was founded three years ago. The discussion focused primarily on the group’s current project of creating a Rainbow Directory of Welcoming and Affirming Businesses and Service Providers, a project funded by the Moscow Giving Circle. The talk explained the designation, the commitment participants are making and the goals. Rehm is co-founder and co-president of the PFLAG chapter, which serves the greater Palouse region through its threefold mission of providing support, education and advocacy for LGBTQIA+ people and their allies. She is a lecturer in women’s, gender, and sexuality studies at the University of Idaho. She holds a doctoral certificate in women’s studies from the University of Pittsburgh. Alatorre is secretary of the chapter. She works as the office manager in the University of Idaho Women’s Center, and she is also an undergraduate student at UI working on her bachelor's degree in sociology.

Videos and photos of this presentation are accessible at:

“Creating Welcoming and Affirming Communities: What Can We Do?"
http://www.MoscowCares.com/LWV/PFLAG_120617

Videos and photos of previous LWV-Moscow presentations are accessible at:

http://www.MoscowCares.com