[Vision2020] Questions about Third Street bridge

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Mon Aug 21 01:19:26 PDT 2017

Courtesy of today's (August 21, 2017) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Kit Craine.

Letter: Questions about Third Street bridge

I have questions for the city of Moscow concerning the Third Street vehicular bridge.

1. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials recommends a minimum of 1,500 feet between suburban collectors (Third and Sixth streets) that intersect an arterial (Mountain View Road). On Mountain View, the intersections of Sixth and Third are about 845 feet apart. What is the plan for ensuring efficient traffic flow and safety for two busy intersections which are so close together? Is funding available to implement the plan?

2. Does the budget include buying out the homeowners on Third whose property will become worthless as a result of their proximity to the new, busy intersection?

The Third Street bridge will impact more than Third. I haven't seen any information concerning the city's plans beyond having a half-million dollars for the structure in the budget. Perhaps the Daily News could do a story or two to answer my questions. Thank you.

Kit Craine, Moscow

http://www.MoscowCares.com