[Vision2020] Rideshare Cascade Idaho Solar Eclipse 2017?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:01:43 PDT 2017

Yes, of course, the predictions weeks ago were for massive traffic jams,
gridlock, in many areas on the path of eclipse totality across the US.

Anyone who has done the minimum investigation of this event knows this...

However, I know several people who I have already discussed rideshare to
the Cascade, Idaho  area, on either Hwy. 55 or 95, who are leaving early
Sun. morning.

It might be prudent to leave today, yes?

I suppose it would be more prudent to already be in the area of totality
NOW!

*Another option?  Carry a bicycle that can be rode on the shoulder of the
Hwy. by passing gridlock (quite legal!) and park your vehicle somewhere
reasonably safe (?).  A 50 mile bike **ride is only 5 hours at ten miles
and hour, thus if parked within 50 miles of the path of totality, this is
doable if being an early bird for the 11:26:53 Mountain time totality start
in Cascade.  Another 50 miles back to the vehicle is nothing for someone in
good shape for bicycling!*
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett