[Vision2020] City Council wants to waste $500, 000 on unneeded span

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 16 22:38:09 PDT 2017

Wow – I had no clue Moscow had so much extra cash!

Which makes the decision some time back to eliminate the glass recycling drop-off site on the east side of town – which cost a pittance – all the more puzzling to me.  That glass recycling bin was heavily used in spite of the decidedly user UNfriendly design.

I guess this kind of nonsense is what’s to be expected with a “conservative” City Council.

If I were a petty person completely unconcerned with our carbon footprint – the way the current Council seems to be -- we’d quit absorbing the cost ourselves and simply dump our glass into the trash.  I imagine it wouldn’t take long if everyone did so for our rates to be hiked yet again.

OTOH, perhaps we’re simply being stupid not to do so since Moscow is apparently rolling in cash!

Particularly since the City seems hell bent & determined to remove properties from our CBC -- the City’s economic engine – tax rolls to benefit one peculiar religious preference.

Which reminds me . . . for those interested in maintaining our downtown as an economic engine, the City Council will be deciding whether to even “consider” the latest appeals to New St. Andrew’s #2:  the 680 seat conference center cum auditorium cum music conservatory . . . oops – that’s an private religious educational institution.  Given that the current Council failed to give adequate consideration to four of the five previous appeals (to the tune of $220 each), I fear the most recent appeals will receive the same lack of consideration.

Of course, I guess that doesn’t matter since the City seems to have so much extra money!

Who knew?!

Saundra

Moscow, ID

I distrust those who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.

~ Susan B. Anthony