[Vision2020] Moscow neighborhood fears a bridge too much

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 17:37:41 PDT 2017

Why spend money on construction that assumes a planning model not based
on a *sustainable society*, in the rigorous meaning of that phrase, given
numerous serious problems humanity faces globally regarding sustainability?

One of the major problems of the present is not taking urgent rapid action
now to move away a highly resource extractive and energy intensive per
capita lifestyle, for which the US is famous around the world, as an
example of greed and excess, that if followed as an example by billions of
other people, will result in a variety of crises, catastrophic global
warming among them.

The longer we as a society take to make the radical changes needed, the
more difficult and radical the problems will become.

The transition to a truly sustainable society will not happen overnight,
and profound action on this goal was needed decades ago!
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett