[Vision2020] Idaho total solar eclipse August 21 info

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 16:01:31 PDT 2017

http://www.argusobserver.com/news/post-eclipse-traffic-could-hit-the-wall/article_901e4cd2-4c6b-11e7-a684-e3278478fada.html

As for traffic, Luna reported that the post-event crush will probably be
one for the ages.

“They’re predicting somewhere between twelve- and fifteen-hour waits on the
highways,... particularly in Eastern Idaho out of Rexburg,” she said.

Payette Police Chief Mark Clark wondered also about potential traffic jams
on the morning of the 21st, as people try to reach the prime viewing area.

“I anticipate a lot of people are going to see the eclipse from Highway 84
and Highway 95,” said Clark.

DOC’s Flick, who didn’t voice any disagreement with Clark’s prediction,
said state agencies had been advising people to leave “very early” in the
morning if they “just can’t avoid” waiting until the day of the eclipse to
try to reach the area where it will be observable in its totality.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA