[Vision2020] Support for essential City services

Lynn McCollough lmccollough at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:37:09 PDT 2017

Please forgive me if my belief is in error, but my understanding is the the
University of Idaho is exempt from local property taxes under a government
exemption. Yet they recognize they attract many students to live in our
community. The presence of the students may and does at times, increase the
costs of essential services. As a part of this understanding, they have an
agreement with the City of Moscow to help underwrite the costs of the
Police, Fire and EMTs/ambulance services.
Now that our City of Moscow Board of Adjustment is removing additional
property from the tax rolls, this time in the core downtown area, but for
religious exemption reasons for NSA expansion, I wonder...
Does the NSA also help to pay for City fire, ambulance, police, etc. based
on their enrollment numbers?