[Vision2020] Question, V-Peeps . . .

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 13 17:49:55 PDT 2017

On 4/13/2017 3:11 PM, Moscow Cares wrote:
> Who dat?
>
> Last week, as I was browsing a source for old photos of Moscow (the
> one in Idaho), I came across a press photo .
>
> Apparently, this photo accompanied an article (titled "Charlie Brown
> of Moscow, Idaho") in the May 3, 1982 edition of the Spokane Chronicle.
>
> To make a short story shorter, I received that photo today.  Linked
> below are scans of the front and back of that photo . . . hoping that
> one (or more) of you fine folks would recognize him.
>
> Front
> http://www.MoscowCares.com/Photos/Moscow/050382_Charlie_Brown_Moscow_Front.jpg
>
> Back
> http://www.MoscowCares.com/Photos/Moscow/050382_Charlie_Brown_Moscow_Back.jpg
>
> Which begs the question . . .
>
> WHO DAT?

Whoa!  There's a way-back machine flash!

I can't say that I knew him, but I knew of him.  Charlie Brown was a
short term resident of Theophilus Tower after it first opened in 1969
and before he moved off-campus, reportedly to somewhere on Moscow
Mountain.  He was a chemical engineering student, very bright, and more
than willing to explore alternative thought patterns for the problems of
the day.  If you're interested in more pictures of him in the context of
his times here, you might check out the indices for the University of
Idaho yearbook, the Gem of the Mountains, for the decade between 1968 to
1978.  I don't know for sure whether his image is actually there, but
those are the most likely years for he and his fellow-student
contemporaries.

Ken

---