[Vision2020] Future of Sojourners' looks bright

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Thu Apr 13 01:23:30 PDT 2017

Courtesy of today's (April 13, 2017) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Letter: Future of Sojourners' looks bright

It has been almost a year since Sojourners' Alliance lost essential federal funding. We were forced to close our doors and send our residents elsewhere. At that time, we put out a call for donations to fill the gap until new sources of revenue could be found.

To all of you who have given gifts and donations to help Sojourners' get back to full-time service, a big thank you is in order.

Our director, Steve Bonnar, and all the staff and board members would like for you to know what has been accomplished in the past few months because of your generosity and prayers for those in our community most in need of a helping hand and nowhere else to turn. We began taking in new residents on Jan. 30. To date, we have 20 residents in our on-site program and three households in our off-site housing program. We have made $22,981 worth of badly needed repairs to one of our low income units, as well as $1,000 worth of upkeep maintenance. A former participant in the program at Sojourners' six years ago is now our new office manager and is doing a great job. Our extremely capable new case manager began working with our participants at the end of January. Steve and a very talented volunteer have been busy writing new grants that will be used for ongoing expenses.

The future of Sojourners' looks bright, thanks to all of you.

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com