[Vision2020] Belated Sitler SAFETY ALERT: Convicted Child Sex Offender Lurked in Hamilton-Lowe Aquatics Area

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 23 11:23:28 PDT 2016

Visionaries:

For details, please see:

<http://sitler.moscowid.net/2016/09/21/steven-sitler-special-progress-report
/>
http://sitler.moscowid.net/2016/09/21/steven-sitler-special-progress-report/

He told me after purchasing his lunch, he returned to the area he had seen
the female, however she was no longer visible, he parked there and ate his
lunch and continued thinking about her and hoped to meet her. She did not
reappear and he drove to the area of the Moscow swimming pool, did not see
anything that interested him, did not stop and continued on his way.

[Emphasis is mine.  SL]

It should sadly come as no surprise to anyone with even a modicum of
understanding about fixated pedophile sex offenders that Steven James Sitler
has continued to engage in high risk behavior - in violation of a
common-sense understanding of the
<http://sitler.moscowid.net/2015/12/23/consolidation-of-terms-conditions-of-
probation-upon-reconsideration/> terms of his lifetime probation -- within
our community.

More than a decade of intensive treatment and supervision have failed to
make Sitler any safer to live in a free society than he was prior to
conviction.

While it's difficult to fathom someone being sexually aroused by a child,
<http://sitler.moscowid.net/2015/09/02/moscow-pullman-daily-news-prosecutor-
new-disclosures-of-conduct-by-moscow-sex-offender-are-states-worst-fears/>
particularly by one's own infant, one could argue that his voluntary
disclosures earlier this month about things he did in dog days of an August
summer represent an escalation of his deviant and predatory behaviors.

Also, I find it telling and even suspicious Sitler didn't report his latest
deviancy to his probation officer until after the close of this summer's
weekday swim hours.  One reasonable interpretation might be that he didn't
want to blow a "preferred" lunchtime perv haunt.

Further, I certainly hope Sitler's probation officer compelled him to
disclose the specific residence of the female he fixated on to warn her she
hit the radar of a convicted sex offender so that she can take extra safety
precautions.  To me, it is unconscionable to not give the person a head's up
so she can try her best to protect herself from a convicted sex offender.

Finally, I hope Sitler's latest deviancy will finally put to rest once and
for all the stupid notion -
<http://sitler.moscowid.net/2016/08/17/steven-sitler-hearing-to-reinstate-ch
aperones/> as argued by Sitler's attorneys and accepted by Judge Stegner -
that giving Sitler what he wants is good for his "relapse prevention."
After over a decade of treatment and intensive supervision, this community
is left with a predator who still doesn't avoid his known triggers and in
fact actively pursues triggers.
<http://sitler.moscowid.net/2007/06/18/steven-sitler-report-of-probation-vio
lation/report-of-probation-violation-1/> If any of that sounds eerily
familiar, it should because engaging in illegal and high risk behaviors is
exactly what Sitler did less than a month after being released to lifetime
probation.

IMHO, Sitler is what he is:  he's a predatory and deviant sex offender with
scores of victim-survivors.  His behavior has affirmed that fact time and
again.  Last year, it was being sexually stimulated by his own infant son.

Now this.

I think it's long past time for the criminal justice system to recognize the
very real and demonstrated danger that is Steven Sitler.  Barring voluntary
chemical or physical castration, no community will ever be safe with him
footloose and fancy free to continue to stealthily pursue his predatory and
deviant sexual appetites at every opportunity.

Including his lunch breaks from work, for Pete's sake!

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.