[Vision2020] Donnie Trumpet

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:36:29 PDT 2016

These are the real Republicans. From the blogger Driftglass:

Soulless hobgoblins like (Hugh) Hewitt built a political party out of
bigots, imbeciles and conspiracy freaks.

Those bigots, imbeciles and conspiracy freaks have chosen the candidate of
their dreams.

End of story.

And:

Josh Barro
✔@jbarro <https://twitter.com/jbarro>

The lesson of this campaign is not that Dems were too mean to pre-Trump
Republicans. It's that they were right all along about Republicans.
6:06 PM - 13 Oct 2016 <https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/786734985306832897>

Rebecca Traister:

Republicans are not shocked; they’re scared. Donald Trump is losing and
they are beginning to understand that his loss is going to expose them, not
simply to partisan defeat, but as a party that has been covert in its
cohesion around the very biases that he makes coarse and plain.

Trump’s attitudes about women are not different from the attitudes that
have been supported by the contemporary Republican Party via their
legislative agenda. Many of the very politicians who led the stampede away
from Trump this weekend — from House Speaker Paul Ryan and Utah
representative Jason Chaffetz to former Republican presidential candidate John
McCain and Trump’s running mate, Mike Pence — have dedicated themselves in
recent years to shutting down Planned Parenthood, thus preventing women
from controlling their own reproduction. The 2012 Republican presidential
candidate, Mitt Romney, who said he was “offended [and] dismayed” by the
Trump tape, vetoed a Massachusetts bill that would have provided rape
victims access to emergency contraception, told college students to
hetero-marry early and opposed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. These are
politicians who regularly vote against the Paycheck Fairness Act and oppose
paid-family-leave legislation and the raising of the minimum wage that
would make millions of women more economically stable. Chaffetz voted
against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act in 2013,
while Pence, Ryan, and Chaffetz co-sponsored a bill that would have limited
the definition of rape to include only “forcible” assaults; Pence signed an
Indiana law that requires funerals or cremations for fetuses, tried to ban
women from aborting because of fetal genetic abnormalities, suggested that
legalizing gay marriage would lead to “societal collapse,” and in 1997
wrote a letter to the Indianapolis Star decrying the harm done to children
when mothers go to work and rely on day care.

Which is worse: Threatening to grab someone by the pussy or forcing someone
to carry and give birth to a baby that is the result of rape? Which is
worse: Popping a Tic Tac in preparation for forced extramarital kissing
with a stranger or actively discouraging women’s full participation in the
workforce? The answer is: None of these is worse; they are all of a kind.
The view of women as yours to control via political power, star power, or
simply patriarchal power, is what Republicans — not just Trump, but lots of
Republicans — have been doing for years as they work to reduce
reproductive-rights access and reinstall women in early marriage and
traditional hetero homes where their competitive, independent, threatening
power might be better contained.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA