[Vision2020] Out of town mischief in GOP precincts

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 8 02:59:26 PST 2016

Courtesy of today's (March 8, 2016) Spokesman-Review with thanks to Gary Schroeder.

---------------------------------
Letter: Out of town mischief in GOP precincts?
I am very curious why Ryan Davidson, of Garden City, and Bjorn Handeen, of Coeur d’Alene, are organizing Republican Precinct Committee recruitment for Latah County rather than local people. Precinct people choose delegates to the state convention, and it was precinct people who pressured Walter Steed to resign as Latah Republican chair.
You may remember Davidson for his scheme to steal Idaho’s delegates for Ron Paul in 2012, erasing Mitt Romney’s 62 percent caucus win, by getting his own people in those same precinct positions. Or for his role with the Liberty Caucus group that caused chaos at the 2014 Republican Convention in Moscow by attempting to prevent Ada, Bannock and Twin Falls county delegates from participating.
Handeen is the Kootenai County precinct committeeman responsible for a resolution asking that the United States leave NATO. He described his own strategy as “orchestrating showdowns” like an “invading army,” and he doesn’t see an ethical problem with leaving a review of his own real estate business (he gives himself five stars, of course).
What mischief do these gentlemen have planned this year, with similar efforts in other counties? I hope Latah Republicans with better judgment will also be active in filing; it is as easy as signing a form at the county clerk’s office. We don’t need an out-of-town “dirty tricks squad” controlling our local party.
Precinct candidates can file now through March 11 and will be elected by Republican voters from their neighborhoods in the May primary. Also remember to vote in the Idaho Republican presidential primary today. Your vote may make a difference (assuming Davidson doesn’t steal it).
Gary J. Schroeder
Moscow

http://www.MoscowCares.com