[Vision2020] Idaho pastor shot day after praying at Ted Cruz rally

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Mar 6 23:25:55 PST 2016

 From Fox News -- Idaho

Idaho pastor shot day after praying at Ted Cruz rally

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/07/idaho-pastor-shot-day-after-praying-at-ted-cruz-rally.html

Police in Idaho said they were looking for a gunman who shot and wounded
a pastor outside his church Sunday afternoon, one day after he led a
prayer at a rally for Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

Tim Remington was found with multiple gunshot wounds outside the Alter
Church in Coeur d'Alene at around 2 p.m. local time Sunday. Remington's
nephew Matthew and other church members told KREM
<http://www.krem.com/news/local/kootenai-county/police-search-for-n-idaho-church-shooting-suspect/70827424>
that Remington was shot four times in the back as he walked to his car.

KREM reported that Remington was expected to make a full recovery.

On Saturday, Remington led a prayer at a rally for the Texas Senator at
a local fairgrounds. Idaho holds its Republican presidential primary
Tuesday.

Police described the shooting suspect as a white man in his mid-30s with
blond hair. KHQ, citing witnesses
<http://www.khq.com/story/31399622/coeur-dalene-police-investigating-shooting-of-pastor-outside-church-suspect-at-large>,
reported that the suspect attended Sunday services at the church, then
waited in a silver sedan for Remington to leave the building before
opening fire.

The motive for the shooting was still under investigation late Sunday.

KREM reported that members of the church gathered at the scene late in
the afternoon to pray for Remington and his assailant.

"We just want to be here for everyone in our congregation. Be here for
our pastor," one church member told KREM. "He opens his home to people.
He takes them in and lets them live in his home. All the people society
has turned their backs on, he reaches out to them."

Ken