[Vision2020] Sojourners' looks for help from Council

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:08:08 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Moscow Cares <moscowcares at moscow.com>
wrote:

> Courtesy of today's (June 28, 2016) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Sojourners' looks for help from Council
>

> Bonnar asked the Moscow City Council's Public Works/Finance Committee for
> $10,000 Monday.
>
> He said he has been asking businesses that have helped support Sojourners'
> Alliance for additional funding so it can reopen as soon as possible after
> it closes Sept. 1, but it has no commitments from anyone yet.
>
> There is $25,000 in the legislative reserve - money saved for unforeseen
> funding issues - that the City Council can explore making available to
> Sojourners', according to city officials.
>
> City Councilor Art Bettge said the City Council will revisit the request
> during its July 18 meeting in hopes that Bonnar can explain better how he
> reached the $10,000 requested amount.

...snip...

It's almost as though I foresaw this, and hinted at it! Sojourners' will
temporarily close its doors August 30 regardless of city speed.  Any city
money will help it re-open in November.  Give the city time to work its
process, Tom.  Better a good and thorough decision, than a hasty and
regretted one.