[Vision2020] . . . and again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and again . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 22 10:47:00 PDT 2016

Courtesy of KOMO News (Seattle, Washington) at:

http://komonews.com/news/local/3-dead-in-shooting-near-lacey

---------------------------------
3 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near Lacey
LACEY, Wash. -- Three people are dead and a fourth person was wounded in a shooting near Lacey that might have happened several hours before it was reported to police.

Dispatchers received a 911 call around 5:15 a.m. Wednesday from a man stating he had been shot and his friends were dead, according to Chief Dave Pearsall with the Thurston County Sheriff's Office.

The caller couldn't give an exact location where he was, but deputies eventually tracked him down to the 500 block of Dutterow Road, where they found the man on the ground with a gunshot wound to his stomach. He was rushed to St. Peter's Hospital in Olympia where officials said he was in surgery but in stable condition.

Deputies searched the property and found the bodies of two men and a woman who had been fatally shot inside a travel trailer, Pearsall said.

Pearsall didn't have any further details on the motive for the shooting or if any suspects were in custody.

Neighbor Jan Phipps told KOMO News she actually heard three shots fired around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday.

"My boyfriend (and I) were standing out here and we heard three gunshots," Phipps said. "It was pop, pop, pop."

She says she didn't hear any screams or noises before the shots and admits she didn't think to call 911.

"A couple of years ago there were some pretty bad people over there and they used to shoot their guns off and they liked to shoot fireworks off," Phipps said.

In the meantime, as investigators try to sort out whether the gunman is still on the loose or among the victims, they're asking for help from the public.

"We're asking the public if they hear or see anything suspicious to give us a call," Pearsall said.

As one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs so eloquently states . . .

"How high's the water, mama?
Three feet high and risin'."

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com