[Vision2020] Comic strip out of bounds

Don Coombs wildmushroomer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:49:27 PDT 2016

It might be relevant that "For Better or For Worse" is in a 20 or 30-year
rerun cycle which suggests that when that particular strip first ran no
one, not even Keely, objected to the deep and awful implications of young
boys looking in a bedroom window.

Or it might be relevant that I (maybe because I'm so much older than Keely)
find a certain charm in some of the "For Better or For Worse" strips.

I can name seven or eight strips run in the local papers that are far more
banal -- and just plain stupid -- than "For Better or For Worse."

For starters: In the Sunday Trib, "The Born Loser." When I read that, I
find out I have self-defined myself as a born loser. Of course I can just
NOT read it (and I often do not), but why shouldn't the newspaper print
comics with some redeeming value -- like being entertaining?

"The Born Loser" is a strip with 8 or 10 panels when the only point,
usually stupid, could easily be presented in one.

I leave it to others (or perhaps no one) to defend "Prince Valiant."

Don Coombs