[Vision2020] Idaho football news

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri Jan 8 04:13:09 PST 2016

University of Idaho Facing Difficult Situation Soon

By Damien Alambra @iwasrun on Jan 7, 2016, 3:58p

http://www.obnug.com/2016/1/7/10733478/university-of-idaho-facing-difficult-situation-soon

Things looking dire for the University of Idaho.

Our friend Dave Southorn, of the Idaho Statesman, met with UI President
Chuck Staben today. In the talk, the subject of Idaho's current
football-only membership in the Sun Belt Conference was addressed and
Staben's feelings regarding the football program's future. While
conference realignment has been somewhat of a frustrating topic for
Boise State Broncos
<http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/teams/boise-st-broncos>
fans, it is massive concern for the likes of Idaho (and New Mexico State
University).

Per Southorn's Twitter feed:

    Met with Idaho president Chuck Staben today...said no decision on
    Vandal FB future. Hopes for Sun Belt renewal, considering other options.

    — Dave Southorn (@IDS_Southorn) January 7, 2016
    <https://twitter.com/IDS_Southorn/status/685218923722113024>

You may, or may not, remember that Idaho's football-only invitation was
actually on a trial basis. From the Idaho student newspaper, The