[Vision2020] Caturday (January 2, 2016)

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sat Jan 2 06:57:53 PST 2016

Apparently, on Caturday, two wrongs can make a right.

Courtesy of WGN-TV (Chicago) at:

http://wgntv.com/2015/12/31/family-of-2-year-old-amputee-adopts-kitten-that-lost-a-limb/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

--------------------------------
Family of 2-year-old amputee adopts kitten that lost a limb
SAN JACINTO, Calif. — A 2-year-old cancer survivor with an amputated arm is getting a special gift: A kitten that also suffered an amputation.

Matt and Simone Tipton, of Orange County, had been searching for a kitten for their daughter Scarlette, who was born with a rare form of cancer. Scarlette's left arm had to be amputated when she was 10 months old.

Doctors say she's now cancer free.

Scarlette's parents wanted to find a kitten that had undergone an amputation surgery to help in their daughter's ongoing recovery. That's when they heard about Holly, a kitten two women found bleeding from a traumatic injury in December.

The kitten's left front leg was amputated.

The family drove to the San Jacinto animal shelter to adopt the cat named Holly on Christmas Eve.

--------------------

Courtesy of Smiles for Scarlette Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/smilesforscarlette/?__tn__=%7E

----------

LOOK AT THIS PRECIOUS BUNDLE OF KITTY!! let me tell you a little Christmas magic!
We've been searching for the last 5-6 months for a wonderful three legged kitty to join our family. Scarlette absolutely adores cats, and we wanted a little kitten to have her grow up with, so she has something that's just like her. However, finding a baby cat, with a front limb amputation, close to home, has been IMPOSSIBL. I've checked all the adoption pages multiple times a week for months to try to find the perfect friend.
Yesterday my husband just so happened to come home from work early. I was painting while the kids were napping and he started to do some projects from work. He left the news on, KTLA, which he never watches, and JUST so happened to look up as they started a story of a little three month old kitten that just had an amputation. She is an hour and a half away. So I called last night, called this morning, called this afternoon, and still couldn't get the info I needed to see if we could get her right away. So. We made the trip! As soon as my husband got home, we drove the whole way there and asked if we could see her. They told us she wasn't available because of the amputation. I was so devastated. They spoke to supervisors(because it claimed she was available on their Facebook page) and we spoke to her as well. They allowed us to fill out an application, but we couldn't officially adopt her until she was cleared, but they would have other people trying to adopt her as well. I just kept saying to my husband, if it's meant to be, it will happen. So we went back to visit with her. She's absolutely adorable and so sweet. Then we went out to the car. My husband points, and the lady was running after us! She told me she explained to the manager what our story was, about our precious Scarlette and how badly we wanted a special companion for her. And they said she was officially ours!! They had us come back inside and take pictures together and they're going to be writing an article on our story and her success story.
She still has a lot of healing to do. She has a drainage tube(which Scarlette had multiple) as you can see in the pictures. She has staples. And she's still on injectable pain meds. So for now, she is staying at the rescue center until she's on the mend. Then we pick her up! So for now, I will unofficially introduce to you all: Doc the three legged kitty!! Our Christmas magic smile emoticon
The moment I knew this was the one, was when Scarlette touched near the surgical site and said "owies" and I said yes baby, just like your owies. She then placed her hand over her left side and nodded, staring at the little kitty the whole time. I can't wait to watch their relationship grow!!
Side note: baby girl did great with fills today. She now has 460cc in her back, 170cc in her chest, and 150cc in her stomach. The doctor says 4-6 weeks of filling left!! Pray it continues to go smoothly! Thank you!
Photos
http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_010216_01.jpg
http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_010216_02.jpg
http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_010216_03.jpg