[Vision2020] A li'l sumpin' for Valentine's Day . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 14 07:54:44 PST 2016

It has been suggested that, maybe, when a person passes away, they are mystically returned to that time in their life the person considers to be the most memorable.

If this is true . . . upon my passing . . . I will be joyfully returned to . . .

(Let me preface my recollection with a brief explanation:  In December of 1972, while in the Army (stationed in Bamberg, Germany), I reenlisted to become a court reporter.  At that time the only military court reporter school was located at Newport Naval Base, Newport, Rhode Island . . . where I reported for training in February 1973).

I became friends with a couple squids . . . er . . . uh . . . sailors.  We went out bar-hopping regularly together.

In mid-March, while out cruisin' Newport, we stopped in a tavern called "My Brother's Place".  We ordered a round of beers, sat at a table, and looked over the tavern's customers . . . when I noticed a hot (as in VERY) redhead sitting at a table with a group of friends at the other end of the tavern.  The first thought that crossed my mind (being a single, slightly inebriated soldier) was . . . "Gotta get me some of that!"  After a couple of her friends departed, I worked up the courage to approach her and ask if she would like to dance (a local rock band was performing there that night).  She said "OK" and I joined her.

We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary last June.

Sidebar:  I flunked out of the court reporter course.  It seems that showing up drunk for the final examination is frowned upon.  But, I still left Newport, Rhode Island a winner.

How 'bout it, V-Peeps?  What memorable moment of your life would you return to?  Care to share?

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon