[Vision2020] Video of Retiring Colorado Sheriff’s Deputy Dancing the Whip/Nae Nae

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Feb 3 06:20:40 PST 2016

Courtesy of KTLA (Los Angeles) at:

http://ktla.com/2016/02/01/video-of-retiring-colorado-sheriffs-deputy-dancing-in-elevator-is-viewed-by-millions/

---------------------------------
Video of Retiring Colorado Sheriff’s Deputy Dancing the Whip/Nae Nae Is Viewed by Millions
A retiring Colorado sheriff’s deputy who let loose in the building’s elevator has gained national attention after video of him dancing went viral.

The video, posted by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office to its Facebook page on Jan. 29, showed Deputy Tony Scherb dancing to rapper Silento’s hit “Watch me (Whip /Nae Nae).”

While Scherb starts out in the elevator alone, he is soon joined by other colleagues, identified in the video as Deputy Murphy, Deputy Reed, Chief Deputy Evans and lastly, Sheriff Bill Elder. All of the the law enforcement personnel, with the exception of Evans, join him in the dance.

As of early Monday afternoon, the video has been viewed more than 5 million times. It received almost 50,000 likes and has been shared more than 100,000 times.

“We knew that Deputy Scherb would leave behind a legacy hard to forget… but this, is amazing!” the Sheriff’s Office said in a separate post on its Facebook page, after the video count reached 3.5 million views.

Scherb was retiring from the department after a 29 year career. He spent 15 years in the Traffic Unit, where he “became the heart and soul of the Sheriff’s Office DUI Program,” according to authorities.

He received the Ken Jordan Award for Excellence in DUI Enforcement, which recognizes “significant contribution” in the fight against drunken driving.

“Tony earned the reputation from his peers and supervisors as being highly professional and exceptionally knowledgeable,” sheriff’s officials said.

Video

http://youtu.be/d0Q2yLv5ilI

I understand that Moscow Police Chief David Duke is retiring in June . . .

How 'bout it, Chief . . . one last hurrah for the fine people of Moscow?  I have a virtually limitless supply of song of all types.  What's your favorite song?  I can talk with the people that maintain the City Hall elevator and, maybe, have your favorite song installed.

Rock on, Chief.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon