[Vision2020] Moscow Police Department's 17th annual Citizen Police Academy

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 26 22:40:51 PST 2016

For those interested in learning more about our local police department and
community policing, I highly recommend taking advantage of the upcoming MPD
Citizen Police Academy - applications are due 1/6/2017.

It's a substantial commitment (11 weeks), but MPD does an excellent job, and
believe it or not, it's fun as well as incredibly educational and
informative.  Here's a brief description:

 <https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/records/pages/press-release.aspx?num=1893>
https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/records/pages/press-release.aspx?num=1893

The Moscow Police Department will hold its 17th Annual Citizen Police
Academy from January 18th to April 5th, 2017.  This eleven-week course meets
once a week to provide an opportunity for citizens to learn and experience
the law enforcement profession while enhancing communication lines to those
citizens we serve and protect.  Course topics include but are not limited to
police history, the criminal justice system, patrol procedures, traffic &
drug enforcement, criminal investigations, use of force, firearms training,
and emergency vehicle operation.

Classes will be held in the Moscow Police Department's briefing room at 118
East 4th Street, Moscow, Idaho.  Applications are now available at the
Moscow Police Department Lobby from 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday.
Seating is limited and the deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday,
January 6th, 2017.  For additional information, please contact Officer
Shaine Gunderson at 208.883.7054.