[Vision2020] The last big frontier

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 10 21:02:56 PDT 2016

Courtesy of Idaho Redoubt News at:

http://idaho.redoubtnews.com/2016/04/27/constitutional-candidate-carl-berglund/

---------------------------------

Constitutional Candidate Carl Berglund

It is hard for the establishment GOP Republicans to accept a Constitutional Conservative candidate, but even they are taking another look at Carl Berglund.

Berglund is running for Idaho House Seat 5A, challenged by an establishment choice. The winner of the Primary will go up against the incumbent Democrat in November.

Berglund has a common-sense approach to government that is not typical in Boise. He believes in bottom-up government, and the power of the people.

Though Idaho is considered a “Red” state, as it has more registered Republicans than Democrats, District 5 is widely known as a Liberal pocket due to the University in Moscow.

Berglund’s challenger has ties to the University and the State Board of Education, and is supported by the progressive ‘moderate’ Republicans in the area.

Berglund is showing them that the silent, but conservative, majority in Latah and Benewah counties are stronger than once thought. They have a voice in Berglund, and he intends to take that voice to Boise.

We caught up with Carl recently at the Benewah County Spirit of 76 dinner for the Republican Liberty Caucus. Speaking to the full room, he let everyone get to know him and show them why he is the best choice for Seat 5A.

It would seem that the most concerning part of Berglund, for the establishment, is that he actually reads the bills coming out of Boise, and he questions his Representatives as to “Why?”

He didn’t get the answers he was expecting, or hoping for, so he decided to become engaged in the process. Not finding a candidate that he could get behind, he chose to challenge the incumbent himself.

The establishment is starting to pay attention, as they should. The complacency that career politicians have in Boise is being challenged all over the state, continuing right here in District 5.

Carl Berglund is running for Idaho State Representative of District 5, Seat A in opposition to incumbent Paulette Jordan.

Carl Berglund receives support from our local un-pastor Doug Wilson, as evidenced by a meet-and-greet conducted last November at Logos School
https://www.facebook.com/events/832664616855051/

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon