[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:39:39 PDT 2016

LOTS GOING ON!  Here are some highlights.  The entire August calendar
follows.

We need your help with two upcoming events.  Please email me (Darrell) if
you can help with either:
1.  We are looking at doing an event in honor of September being National
Recovery Month.  Our first planning meeting is tomorrow, August 2, 4pm at
The Center.  WE NEED YOU TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
2.  We have an information table at the PRIDE Festival on August 13 from
11-5.  Could use help staffing it.

Here's the August calendar:

This week at the Latah Recovery Center-Open to all.  Please RSVP:

·         Journal Writing w/Nancy, 8/4, 4-5

·         How to Explain Something in Writing w/Nancy, 8/4, 6:30-8pm

Every Week/Month at the Latah Recovery Center-Open to all.  Please RSVP:

·         Recovery Peer Services, by appointment

·         AA Daily at noon

·         Adult Children of Alcoholics Women’s Meeting, Sundays, 6-7:30pm

·         Positive Affirmations, Mondays at 1:10-2pm

·         Recovery Peer Staff Meeting, 4th Monday of every month, 7-8pm

·         Life Skills, every Tuesday, 5-6pm

·         Art Foundations, Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30pm (Starting August 23-going
thru December)

·         Volunteer Orientation, Wednesdays 2-3pm or by appt.

·         Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga, Thursdays, 2-3pm

·         Latah Alliance on Mental Illness:  Family Support, 2nd Thursday
of every month 7-8:30pm

·         Narcotics Anonymous, Fridays, 7:30-8:30am

·         Movie and Game Night, Fridays, 4:30pm, Movie at 6:30.  7/29
Chicken Run, 8/5 Labyrinth, 8/12 Groundhog Day, 8/19 Goonies, 8/26 Lion
King, 9/2 Wall E, 9/9 Mrs. Doubtfire, 9/16 Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 9/23
Guardians of the Galaxy, 9/30 Bruce Almighty

·         Learn to Crochet and Re-Wire Your Brain, 4th Sat. of every month,
10-12

And mark your calendars for these upcoming offerings!

·         Journal Writing w/Nancy, 8/11, 4-5

·         How to Explain Something in Writing w/Nancy, 8/11, 6:30-8pm

·         Community Action Partnership Programs for Low Income Households,
8/16, 7-8pm

·         Fun Art with Bob Harrington, 8/17, 1:15-3:30

·         Journal Writing w/Nancy, 8/18, 4-5

·         How to Explain Something in Writing w/Nancy, 8/18, 6:30-8pm

·         Intro to Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), 8/24, 1:15-3pm

·         Journal Writing w/Nancy, 8/25, 4-5

·         How to Explain Something in Writing w/Nancy, 8/25, 6:30-8pm

·         Presence:  How to Transform Your Most Challenging Emotions w/Ann
Weiser Cornell Presentation 9/11, 1-3pm

Latah Recovery Center - A Community of Peer Support
www.LatahRecoveryCenter.org <http://www.latahrecoverycenter.org/>
Find us on Facebook.
Call us at 208-883-1045
Open:  10-8 Mon-Fri., Sat. 10-12