[Vision2020] Van loon on Libertianism

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:06:46 PDT 2015

>From Charles P. Pierce, Esquire Magazine:

We interrupt our regularly scheduled Stupid to bring you the following
message from the greatHendrik van Loon, author, journalist, confidant of
presidents, teacher of America's young people, and renowned eccentric prose
stylist. This week's lesson comes to us from Van Loon's *Ancient Man, *which
he published in 1922, in which our author describes with Nostradamian
insight the current House of Representatives.​

The "state," as a matter of fact, is quite a recent invention. The earliest
inhabitants of the world did not know what it was. Every family lived and
hunted and worked and died for and by itself. Sometimes it happened that a
few of these families, for the sake of greater protection against the wild
animals and against other wild people, formed a loose alliance which was
called a tribe or a clan. But as soon as the danger was past, these groups
of people acted again by and for themselves and if the weak could not
defend their own cave, they were left to the mercies of the hyena and the
tiger and nobody was very sorry if they were killed. In short, each person
was a nation unto himself and he felt no responsibility for the happiness
and safety of his neighbor.

​Or, as we call it today, Texas.​

Or Idaho...
Ron Force