[Vision2020] Why I'm a Democrat

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Oct 1 03:31:02 PDT 2015

Courtesy of today's (October 1, 2015) Lewiston Tribune with thanks to D'Wayne Hodgin.

----------------------------------
Here's the answer, Jake
Answering Jake Wren's question, I am a Democrat because I believe in equal rights for everyone - people of any color, religion, sexuality; poor people and rich; the lazy and hard-worker; the sick and healthy; the born-addicted, born-in-poverty, born unloved and unwanted child as well as the unborn.
Though I don't believe in abortion, I would never force my opinion on any woman. She has the right to rule her body.
I consider myself "pro full-life" - not just pro-birth - because I want every born child to receive the same adulation that Republican legislators give the unborn but refuse to provide beyond birth to those who are "different."
Wren opposes homosexuals marrying because they will "receive all the economic and political blessings" as the rest of us. He says that Democrats are comfortable with "exploding debt." That combination indicates that Wren is like the rich, young ruler, who rejected Jesus when deciding between Jesus and his own wealth.
Thank God I never say, "You don't deserve my taxes because you are lazy, a drug addict, gay, not Christian."
My morality doesn't depend on your being a heterosexual, being a hard worker, believing as I do.
To paraphrase St. John, how I treat you verifies my belief. My Christianity requires that I be like Jesus' good Samaritan - to ask nothing of those in need, but to spare nothing for their provision - to treat you absolutely as I prefer to be treated.
Put simply, that's why I am a Democrat.
D'Wayne Hodgin, Moscow

Excellently stated, Mr. Hodgin.

Republicans' commitment to pro-life should extend beyond the delivery room . . . from womb to tomb.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

Tom "Free to be you and me" Hansen