[Vision2020] Refugees

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 18 11:08:09 PST 2015

If I were the kind of hateful, bigoted, xenophobic "Christian" legislators
I'm seeing on the TV, hearing on the radio, and reading in print, I'd say
it's a damn shame their ancestors hadn't been turned away at this great
nation's borders.

But I'm not.  I'll more charitably assume that the same kind of ignorance
that abounds in the Ben Carson School of Geography is rotting their brains.

I'll also remind those with consciences - something that seems to be
severely lacking in the GOPer-TPer contingent -- of how many Jewish deaths
our "immigration policy" contributed to when the same kind of xenophobia and
religious bigotry rearing its ugly head now lead to us turning our backs on
Jewish refugees.

Those who don't remember history and all that . . .

It's absolutely stunning to me how blindly ignorant so many of the
GOPer-TPer legislators and their sheeple are:  changes a couple of words
here and there in many of their statements, and anyone with connected brain
cells would rightly think they were listening to or reading ISIS propaganda
:(

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely
action.

~ James Russell Lowell