[Vision2020] Caturday (November 7, 2015)

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sat Nov 7 06:39:39 PST 2015

Courtesy of the Daily Mail (London, England) at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3302121/Heartwarming-moment-five-year-old-boy-burst-tears-getting-beloved-cat-Phoenix-18-months-went-missing.html

--------------------------------
Heartwarming moment a five-year-old boy burst into tears after getting his beloved cat Phoenix back 18 months after he went missing

- Michelle Humber and son Ronnie had gone to pick out replacement pet
- But they stumbled across old cat who had vanished from home last year
- Phoenix was in enclosure next to another cat they had arranged to collect
- Family plan to give both cats home when they pick them up this weekend
This is the heartwarming moment a boy burst into tears of joy after getting his beloved cat Phoenix back 18 months after he went missing.

Michelle Humber and her son Ronnie, five, had gone to pick out a replacement pet when they stumbled across their old cat who had vanished from their home in Littleover, Derbyshire.

In an astonishing coincidence, ten-year-old Phoenix was in an enclosure next to another cat called Orlando who they had arranged to collect from a local Cats Protection charity.

The family now plan to give both cats a home when they pick them up this weekend.

Mother-of-two Miss Humber, 33, said: ‘The boys were devastated when Phoenix went missing because he played such a big part of their lives. He was always bouncing and playing around.

‘A few weeks ago we were talking about getting a kitten. The lads were really keen on the idea because they missed Phoenix so much.

‘We went to the Cats Protection and saw Orlando and went back a week later to pick him up and that is when we spotted Phoenix in the next door enclosure. It was amazing and the children were so pleased.

'Ronnie saw him straight away and was screaming and cheering with excitement. He was purring as soon as we went over to him and it was amazing to be able to hold him.'

Miss Humber added that he was still registered with his microchip as living at the family's old address - and if that was not confirmation enough, they also saw he still had his little wonky ear.

She said: ‘He became such a big part of our lives and it will be amazing to welcome him back home. I don’t know what the odds are of what happened to us but I imagine they’re pretty small.’

Ginger tom cat Phoenix disappeared from the family’s home in May last year – and despite plastering the neighbourhood with posters, he never turned up.

hree-year-old in 2008 - and continued to look after their other moggie Ditto.

But when Ditto died last month, the family decided to go to the Cats Protection centre in Derby to pick out a new cat.

They chose a kitten called Orlando but were stunned when they turned up to pick him up last Saturday and saw Phoenix sitting in one of the enclosures.

Ronnie saw him straight away and was screaming and cheering with excitement
Michelle Humber
Miss Humber’s partner Jay Cockroft, 38, a bin man, added: ‘It’s a bizarre coincidence but we’ll all delighted to have Phoenix back. The boys couldn’t believe it when they saw him.’

Staff at Cats Protection told the family Phoenix had been brought to the charity two months ago after someone took him to the vets as a stray.

Michelle added: ‘I know the lads are buzzing with excitement because that’s all they’re talking about. He’s a really friendly and pleasant cat. He’s perfect and great with the children.

‘They just told us somebody had brought him in to the vets as a stray so we have no idea where he has been. The staff were brilliant. I’m not sure if they’ve ever seen something like this happen.

--------------------

Photos . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Caturday/Caturday_110715_01.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Caturday/Caturday_110715_02.jpg