[Vision2020] School director fired after racial graduation comment

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Thu May 14 13:08:51 PDT 2015

Well, I guess you can all sit back and relax with the feeling of a job well
done.  Before you extinguish that torch or put down that pitchfork, though,
here is another person going through their own firestorm for making bigoted
comments on her twitter account that you might want to go after, if you're
still feeling that sense of self importance.  I won't be joining you again,
though, because she doesn't deserve to go through this online firestorm any
more than the principal did.

Online fury over Boston University professor's tweets on race

(CNN)Fury erupted this month over incoming Boston University sociology and
African-American studies professor Saida Grundy's tweets about white men,
race and slavery.

College student Nick Pappas wrote about Grundy's tweets on his website
SoCawlege.com
<http://socawlege.com/boston-university-assistant-professor-saida-grundy-attacks-whites-makes-false-statements-on-twitter/>
a week ago with the headline "Boston University assistant professor Saida
Grundy attacks whites, makes false statements on Twitter."

Pappas, who will be a senior at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst
next school year, launched the site last fall, intending it as a
conservative BuzzFeed-style website.

Grundy, a sociologist who studies race, gender and class, received her
doctorate last year from the University of Michigan's joint program in
sociology and women's studies. She is to start work in a tenure-track
position at Boston University -- the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s alma
mater -- on July 1.

Her personal Twitter account has since been made private, but the Boston
Globe reported some of the tweets