[Vision2020] Republican accused of harassment

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Mar 30 16:59:31 PDT 2015

The full report cited in Ron Force's link:

Courtesy of the Lewiston Tribune . . .

---------------------------------------
Minority leader objects to Agidius behavior
House Minority Leader John Rusche of Lewiston has asked that Cindy Agidius be removed as communications director for the House Republican Caucus, saying she's using the position to “hound” and “spy” on a Democratic caucus member
Rusche said Agidius has been taking photos and posting inappropriate online comments about Rep. Paulette Jordan, D-Plummer, who defeated her in the general election last November.
“I've spoken with (House Speaker Scott Bedke) twice about this,” he said. “I'm concerned that one of my caucus members is feeling harassed. I'm also concerned the majority caucus office is being used for political purposes.
Agidius, a Moscow Realtor, has an extended history with Jordan. They competed for former Rep. Tom Trail's open seat in 2012, when Agidius prevailed by 123 votes. They faced each other again last year, with Jordan winning by 524 votes.
Earlier this year, Agidius said she accepted the communications director position so she could “keep up with what's going on” at the Legislature, in preparation for a possible rematch with Jordan in 2016. She has been active in setting up press conferences, writing news releases and helping caucus members hone their message.
When asked about Rusche's concerns, she said they're blown out of proportion.
“In my opinion, a problem never existed,” she said. “I have enough to do here without worrying about what Paulette's doing. There have been a few instances when I've seen her do things she said she wouldn't do. Those are thing I may store and remember, if I choose to run again.”
For example, she took a photo of Jordan swiveling her chair on the House floor during a speech by U.S. Sen. Jim Risch, because she considered the behavior disrespectful. She was also upset and posted a comment on her Facebook page criticizing Jordan for missing an initial committee hearing on a concealed weapons bill.
During the election campaign last year, Jordan made a point of telling people she would “be there” to represent them – a reference to Agidius missing the vote on a controversial “guns on campus” bill during the 2014 session.
Consequently, “when she didn't show up for the committee hearing, I had a problem with that,” Agidius said.
Jordan did attend a portion of the hearing, which continued in the afternoon. She also voted in favor of the bill, which allows people to carry concealed weapons without a permit outside of city limits.
Jordan declined to discuss specific concerns about Agidius, saying only that her behavior was “unbecoming” and a distraction.
“I'm here to do a job representing the people,” Jordan said. “What she does on her own time is up to her, but what she does for the caucus, using taxpayer resources, is a greater concern.”
(House Majority Caucus Chairman John Vander Woude said caucus employees are paid with funds raised from the caucus members, not taxpayer dollars. Agidius said she uses her own computer and phone to do her work.)
Bedke said he spoke with Agidius after Rusche contacted him and considers the issue closed.
“I think (Agidius's online comment) was a one-time lapse,” he said. “She took it down immediately. She and I have talked; I've let her know there are certain lines I don't want crossed. She has a good feel for that now

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon