[Vision2020] Fw:LCHS Oral History Collection Launch Party

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Mar 19 17:39:40 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
Subject: LCHS Oral History Collection Launch Party
From: "Latah History" <latahcountyhistory at gmail.com>
To: "undisclosed-recipients:"
Date: 03/19/15 19:39:10

Celebrate the release of the newest online resource for Latah County!

More than 40 years after being recorded, the Latah County Oral History Project is getting a second life! Hundreds of hours of interviews have been digitized by the University of Idaho and are now available online. Listen to the collection at www.lib.uidaho.edu/digital/lcoh. Join us for the launch party on Wednesday, April 1 in the 1912 Center Great Room from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Help us to remember Latah County and Idaho life at the turn of the 20th century.

Co-sponsored by the Latah County Historical Society and the University of Idaho Library, this event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided.

We are also seeking candidates to interview for the expansion of our oral history collection. Help us to preserve and broaden this unique resource. We are looking for people eager to share their experiences about life in Latah County. We would like to represent a broad cross-section of life in Latah County, focusing on local or specific national experiences, as well as changes between past and present.

 If you or anyone you know is interested in being interviewed for the oral history project, please contact dkersting at latah.id.us, or call (208) 882-1004.

We hope to see you at the launch party!

​