[Vision2020] Another historical measure . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:18:44 PDT 2015

One ad appears, maybe, to be for David's Dept. store, formerly on the
southeast corner of Third and Main, which was still at that location in
1965, when I first came to Moscow,

Another ad is for Hodgins drug store, of course, still in business...

Too easy...

Another ad is for a photographer James Eggan.  I wonder if there is any
connection to Eggan Apts. which, as bizarre as it is, still exists like a
relic from another place and time, across from the Moscow Police station,
also facing Main St., at 109 E. Fourth.

I just did a Google search for "eggan apartments Moscow Idaho" and found
this strange Spokesman Review story from, it appears, July 20, 1957, about
a murder at Eggan apartments:

"Suspect Is Arrested in Moscow Murder"

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1314&dat=19570720&id=nS9WAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nOYDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7128,2093959

I quote: "Two wounds had pierced the heart, Latah County coroner Donald
Ward said.  Kossman was found by a maid, Mrs. Mary Jensen, at the Eggan
apartments, which are across the street from the police station."

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett