[Vision2020] Gritman Bought Some Land Downtown...

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:13:23 PST 2015

Saw this on Facebook.  Very interesting...

For more information, contact Eric Hollenbeck
<http://gritman.netreturns.biz/NewsReleases/Contact_Detail.aspx?contactId=66a500fa-f22f-4838-ab8f-503e7025842f>.

Gritman Medical Park, LLC Purchases Land in Downtown Moscow to Expand
Health Care Services on the Palouse

MOSCOW—Today, Gritman Medical Park, LLC is pleased to announce the purchase
of a 32,000-square-foot triangular lot bordered by Eighth, Jackson and Main
Streets in Moscow, Idaho.  The real estate transaction between Gritman
Medical Park, LLC and Christ Church also includes a 7,500-square-foot
office building located at 205 East Fifth Street in downtown Moscow.

Last week, Gritman Medical Park presented a proposal to the Moscow Urban
Renewal Agency to develop the southwest corner of Sixth and Jackson Streets
in the Legacy Crossing Urban Renewal District.  Although Gritman’s proposal
was not selected, several downtown property owners approached Gritman with
property available for development. Negotiations began with Christ Church
and an agreement was quickly reached.

Recent findings in “A Study of Poverty in Latah County, Idaho in 2012” and
the “2013 Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan”
document significant health care needs in our community. “Acquiring this
property will allow Gritman to expand and continue to offer much needed,
comprehensive, state-of-the-art health care services in downtown Moscow,”
explained Gritman CEO Kara Besst.

While the services located at the newly acquired property have not been
finalized, negotiations have begun with Community Health Association of
Spokane (CHAS), owner of the Latah Community Health Clinic. CHAS is seeking
to expand services including dental, behavioral health and substance abuse,
which would be available on a sliding fee scale to patients regardless of
their insurance status. These services would meet vital needs that are
currently underserved or unavailable in our community.

“The partnership with CHAS is a great example of working together to
deliver high quality medical services to all and at the same time
significantly contribute to the economic vitality of the community,” said
Besst.

“We have been overwhelmed by the support from the community for Gritman’s
efforts to expand local health care offerings,” said BJ Swanson, Chair of
the Gritman Board. “We are especially grateful to Christ Church for their
understanding that being in a downtown location is very important to
Gritman for accessibility, visibility and continuity of service to best
serve our patients and community members.”

“We are delighted that after many years of planning and with the purchase
of property from Christ Church we are able to take the next step in
improving the health of people in our communities,” Swanson concludes.

###

Gritman Medical Center is a non-profit, people-focused, community-driven
organization that provides excellent and compassionate healthcare for the
people of its communities. Gritman Medical Center has received national
recognition for its leadership, patient satisfaction and customer service.

The goal of Gritman Medical Park, LLC is to improve the health and economic
vitality of the community. Gritman Medical Park, LLC has a proven track
record of successful development projects. This is achieved by careful
planning and forming strategic partnerships with organizations who share
the same goals.