[Vision2020] Fw:How to Stop Mosquito Bites, Turning Old Buses Into Homeless Shelters, How Plastic Dinosaurs Are Made and More

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Jun 30 18:13:18 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
Subject: How to Stop Mosquito Bites, Turning Old Buses Into Homeless Shelters, How Plastic Dinosaurs Are Made and More
From: Smithsonian.com <Smithsonian at mail.smithsonian.com>
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 06/30/15 22:32:30

Smithsonian Newsletter

 As someone who subscribes to Smithsonian.com's Weekend newsletters, you might like to try our new Smithsonian.com Daily newsletter, a roundup of our best stories sent every weekday. If you prefer not to receive our Daily Newsletter, you may opt out here.

How to Stop Mosquito Bites, Turning Old Buses Into Homeless Shelters, How Plastic Dinosaurs Are Made and More
To see this email in your browser click here.

  Daily    JUNE 30 2015
 The Library Mark Twain BuiltThe author helped create a library in the last town he called home—and it's full of great summer reading suggestions

An 1898 portrait of Twain painted by Italian artist Ignace Spiridon, which now hangs in the Mark Twain Library in Redding. (Image courtesy of Flickr user Terry Ballard)

TODAY'S TOP STORIES
  To Stop Mosquito Bites, Silence Your Skin's BacteriaRead More ››

  In Hawaii, Old Buses Are Being Turned Into Homeless SheltersRead More ››

  Here's How U.S. Groundwater Travels the Globe Via FoodRead More ››

  What Makes the Orange Juice Can Worthy of Display in a MuseumRead More ››

  Germany Is Turning Its Old Military Bases Into Nature ReservesRead More ››

  Is a Band Without Its Original Members Still the Same Band?Read More ››

  Move Over, Clooney: This Japanese Gorilla Is the Internet’s Newest HeartthrobRead More ››
 Photo of the dayBali, Indonesia. Photo by Andrew Suryono
Submit Your Photo to Our 2015 Photo Contest >>

Comments? Please visit http://smithsonian.com/contact-us
Write us: Smithsonian Magazine Online | MRC 513, P.O. Box 37012 | Washington, D.C. 20013
Email: smithsonianmagazine at si.edu

JOIN US!

 Send This Email To a Friend | Unsubscribe | Email Preferences | Privacy Policy
  © Smithsonian Institution. All rights reserved.