[Vision2020] Caturday (June 27, 2015)

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sat Jun 27 05:28:55 PDT 2015

Cats would have us believe that in our absence they sleep all day, pining for us to come home and play with them. This article tells another story, one where you need to have a frank discussion between you and Fluffy this Caturday.

Courtesy of the Daily Mail (London, England) at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3115932/While-owner-s-away-cat-play-flowers-hidden-camera-reveals-day-life-one-mischievous-feline.html

---------------------------------------
While the owner's away, the cat will play... with flowers! Our hidden camera reveals a day in the life of one VERY mischievous feline

Cats would have us believe that in our absence they sleep all day, pining for us to come home and play with them.

Here's proof, however, that they are more than capable of making their own fun.

A camera set up in the corner of one New Yorker's living room captured an afternoon in the life of Nico, a mischievous black and white creature with a penchant for flowers.

Within minutes of his owner closing the front door and heading out for the day, he broke the number one house rule: no jumping on the table.

Flowers are cat nip to Nico, ever since he was found as a stray kitten sniffing roses in the backyard of a home on St Nicholas Avenue in Brooklyn one year ago. And yes, he was named after the street.

Footage shows him leaping up onto the table, sniffing and pawing at the bouquet of pink blooms and enjoying every moment atop the out-of-bounds surface.

It is no small coincidence that the young lady who rescued him has the surname Flores - Spanish for flowers.

The flowers proved of lasting interest to Nico who circled the vase and skilfully flicked the stems like a sparring boxer.

Amazingly, the tall vase full of water remained upright; crafty Nico only too aware that knocking it over would be his undoing whenever his owner returned.

Bored with the blooms, Nico can then be seen carefully jumping off the table and over to his second favorite activity: bird watching.

Unable to venture outside, Nico has spent his rescue years meowing at birds through the window screen and following them from window to window.

Here he can be seen surveying the backyard - no doubt reminding himself of those tough early months he spent as a lonely kitten on the streets of Brooklyn.

How his fortune has changed!

From the window ledge he then jumps across to the armchair and onto the side table, under which he finds one of the treats his owner sometimes leaves lying around - a salmon-flavored cat snack.

The allure of the armchair finally becomes too much for Nico as he chases his tail for a moment and gets comfortable on the chair he rarely gets to sleep on when his owner is home.
He's the boss now and he settles down for a light nap - all the while waiting for the sound of the front door that can mean only one thing: dinner time.

--------------------

Meet Nico: We hid a secret camera in one New Yorker's home to see what her cat gets up to while she's away.

http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_062715_01.jpg

--------------------

Rebel: Within minutes of his owner closing the front door and heading out for the day, Nico broke the number one house rule - no jumping on the table

http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_062715_02.jpg

A little light reading... Nico hangs out on the coffee table with some brochures while he has the chance

http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_062715_03.jpg

Out-of-bounds: Our hidden camera footage shows Nico leaping up onto the table, sniffing and pawing at a vase of flowers and enjoying every moment atop the forbidden surface

http://www.moscowcares.com/Caturday/Caturday_062715_04.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.com