[Vision2020] Dougwatch

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:36:31 PDT 2015

Doug was extremely verbose (as could be expected when referring to apples as oranges) in tying Old Glory & abortion as a 'which is worse' comparison of the Confederate Flag & South Carolina massacre.

http://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/this-crimson-carnage.html

Almost 400 comments including this one which brought out the Doug apologists.

Mr. Wilson,
 I used to read your Credenda Agenda back in the
1990's and was an avid fan of your irenic ministry which helped me think
 cognitively about the issues of our day and gave me impetus to take
classes at Westminster Theological Seminary and become a student at
Princeton Theological Seminary today. However, Sir, In my three decades
as a Christian it is doubtful that I have read a diatribe so convoluted
and just plain wrong than this weak and poorly written and unorganized
piece. I was left wondering if the person who wrote this is the same
person who was of recent Federal Vision theological fame. Sir, it is
hard to believe you who, by your own admission have a picture of the
vile racist Stonewall Jackson on your wall, are not a racist yourself
and southern sympathizer. This is especially the case since you are the
same "Doug Wilson" that published the unconscionable racist treatise
"Southern Slavery at it Was." It is hard to believe that you do not have
 a presuppostional bias that forces you to support the racist
Confederacy. How you turned an issue pertaining to the offense over the
the Confederate Flag that flies so high and prominently above the
statehouse grounds in Columbia, South Carolina into an argument about
Sanger and abortion is just unbearable to me. That you cannot sympathize
 with those hurting over last week’s mass shooting in Charleston, S.C. —
 where nine African American people were killed inside the historic
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church is just unforgivable. The
point of the Confederate Flag controversy presently occurring in South
Carolina has absolutely nothing to do with abortion and everything to do
 with African Americans and others who are offended by a symbol that
represents oppression, segregation and tyranny to so many people. My
word man, have you no shame? Have you no decency? How an avowed
supporter of southern slavery still has a ministry is beyond the pale
for me. It is hard to believe you are in Christian ministry in the
Evangelical world. Please step down from your ministry of enabling
racists. Just stop.
Lee Enochs
Princeton, New Jersey