[Vision2020] Elson Floyd

Sam Scripter MoscowSam at charter.net
Sat Jun 20 22:07:36 PDT 2015

*In case you don't know this already.**
**
**Sad news.*

*http://www.krem.com/story/news/local/whitman-county/2015/06/20/wsu-president-elson-s-floyd-dies-at-59/29032993/*

  WSU President Elson S Floyd dies at 59

KREM Staff, KREM.com12:19 p.m. PDT June 20, 2015

635704099389798466-FloydCommencement-5539

(Photo: Washington State University)

CONNECT36TWEET
<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http%3A//on.krem.com/1MVfZGe&text=WSU%20President%20Elson%20S%20Floyd%20dies%20at%2059&via=krem2>LINKEDIN
<http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?url=http%3A//on.krem.com/1MVfZGe&mini=true>COMMENTEMAILMORE

PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State University confirmed Saturday that
President Elson S. Floyd died early Saturday morning after battling cancer.

Here is Washington State University's statement:

/On behalf of the Washington State University Board of Regents and the
entire Washington State University community, it is with profound
sadness that I announce the passing of President Elson S. Floyd, Ph.D.
June 20, 2015. He died in Pullman surrounded by family./

/While leading WSU to unparalleled growth and success, President Floyd
was privately engaged in a battle with cancer. He and his doctors were
immensely optimistic throughout that battle. Though his prognosis and
outlook remained positive, recently the illness took a more serious
turn. Higher education has lost a giant, and the world has lost one of
its kindest human beings./

/Dr. Floyd's brilliance and determination on behalf of WSU can best be
understood by looking at his work. He led the completion of a $1 billion
capital campaign for WSU, successfully built bipartisan support to
create a new WSU medical school, and guided the university to its
largest enrollment in 125 years. And that was just in the past year. The
university's accomplishments during his tenure are unprecedented, and
his legacy will serve the people of Washington, the nation, and the
world for generations to come./

PREVIOUS:WSU President Elson Floyd takes leave to battle cancer
<http://www.krem.com/story/news/local/whitman-county/2015/06/05/wsu-president-elson-floyd-battling-cancer/28571765/>

/In the interest of maintaining momentum on the university's major
initiatives, we have asked Dr. Daniel J. Bernardo, WSU provost and
executive vice president, to serve as acting president. We have every
confidence in his ability to lead our institution through this transition./

/Honoring President Floyd's accomplishments will undoubtedly take place
in many forms. He loved WSU and the entire Coug Nation, and they loved
him. Details on how and where we will gather to pay tribute to our
leader, colleague, and friend will be forthcoming./

/Ryan Durkan
//Chair
//Washington State University Board of Regents/

--
Sent from hp dv4t-3000 Beats Audio Edition