[Vision2020] Comments from Bill Clinton

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 11 11:24:34 PDT 2015

Courtesy of The Cannabist (Denver, Colorado) at:

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/06/11/bill-clinton-marijuana-joke-pot-denver/35978/

--------------------------------------
Dear Lord,’ Bill Clinton said in Denver. Here’s the rest of his marijuana joke

Former President Bill Clinton, in Denver this week for the Clinton Global Summit, cracked a pretty solid marijuana joke

Former President Bill Clinton is no stranger to marijuana jokes — and the joke’s been on him since that infamous quote in March 1982.

But Clinton regained control of that conversation this week while in Denver for the Clinton Global Summit. As Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told Clinton during a one-on-one discussion on Wednesday that more people are turning to locally or regionally grown foods, which is good news for farm communities, Vilsack made a nod of his own to Colorado’s best-known crop.

“Now with the exception of the state of Colorado and a few other states that legalized another product, there are not many commodities you can plant” in urban areas, Vilsack said.

Clinton was quick with a reply — as if he anticipated the conversation taking this dank turn.

“Dear Lord, that’s all I need, one more story,” Clinton said, as the laughter began to rumble across the room. “If only the marijuana growers would invite me to give a speech.”

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com