[Vision2020] An open letter . . .

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Mon Jun 8 05:07:30 PDT 2015

Courtesy of the Moscow Food Co-op at:

http://www.moscowfood.coop/news-updates/

---------------------------------------
An open letter from the Board of Directors
June 3, 2015
Dear Moscow Food Co-op Owners and Community:

On behalf of the Moscow Food Co-op and its Board of Directors, I am writing to assure all of the Palouse-Clearwater community that the Co-op is an open and welcoming business that does not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or otherwise.

Our Cooperative is committed to the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) values and principles. Voluntary and open membership is the first of seven stated principles. Non-discrimination is included in Section 1.4 of our bylaws and each of the Co-op’s seven Board members has publically affirmed his/her commitment to upholding the ICA values and principles and our bylaws.

The Moscow Food Co-op’s mission is to “nourish and nurture our community.”  Our unique business is owned by over 7000 community members and operates for the benefit of the community as a whole.  Everyone can shop at the Co-op and anyone can join.  In becoming a member-owner of the Co-op, individuals are ensuring that our community has access to healthy, nutritious food and are supporting the Co-op’s triple bottom line of People, Place and Profit.

Throughout our 42 year history, we have been committed to upholding the rights and dignity of all People. We are dismayed by opinions printed in the Daily News that imply otherwise.   We urge all members of this Place, our wonderful community, to practice respect and tolerance and to understand that the opinions and perspectives shared by individuals and printed in the Daily News, are their own – they do not represent or speak for the Moscow Food Co-op.  Finally, the Co-op will continue to share its Profits with the entire community through extraordinary programs like FLOWER, Mamas & Papas, the Dime in Time community giving program and our Good Food Film Series.

Sincerely,

Moscow Food Co-op Board of Directors
Colette DePhelps, President
Bill Beck, Vice-President / Secretary
Idgi Potter, Treasurer
Charlene Rathbun
Kurt (Sam) Obermayr
Alex Lloyd
Glenn Holloway

This statement was submitted to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News as a Letter to the Editor on June 3, 2015.

NEXT BOARD MEETING: TUESDAY, JUNE 9, AT 6 P.M.
All are welcome!

All Board of Directors Meetings are held in the Fiske Room at the 1912 Center in Moscow.

Meetings begin at 6 pm, with a public comment period that begins at 6:05 pm and ends at 6:15 pm.

The agenda:
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54ac4314e4b00f7c5fc6881e/t/556d0d26e4b06dc3a57c9030/1433210150158/MFC+Board+Agenda+June+2015.pdf

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com