[Vision2020] Issues surrounding legalized pot discussed at joint city council meeting

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Jul 24 10:13:56 PDT 2015

Courtesy of KLEW-TV at:

(video)
http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/Palouse-pot-318362681.html?tab=video&c=y

---------------------------------------
Issues surrounding legalized pot discussed at joint city council meeting

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Pullman/JointCCsession_072215.jpg

PULLMAN, WA – City leaders on the Palouse see no real problems when it comes to recreational marijuana.

It’s legal to light up in Washington, but still outlawed in Idaho.

During Wednesday night’s joint City Council meeting between Pullman and Moscow, the Moscow police chief said there have been a few incidents regarding legalized marijuana coming into Idaho, but overall it’s been uneventful.

However the police chief in Pullman has his challenges.

“What we're seeing is it’s not having any kind of impact at all,” said Moscow Police Chief, David Duke. “Since June of last year we have tied five cases to marijuana has crossed the border.”

“There is still a black market out there because people that were getting their marijuana, elsewhere are probably still continuing to get it there and it's cheaper,” said Pullman Police Chief, Gary Jenkins.

Currently there are two pot shops open in Pullman, with a third possibly coming in the future.

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com