[Vision2020] Wilson not representative of Christians

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jul 21 01:57:24 PDT 2015

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (July 21, 2015) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with a smile to

--------------------------------------
Letter: Wilson not representative of Christians
Your recent front-page article highlighting the views of Doug Wilson about same-sex relationships was newsworthy in light of local controversy over the role of his church in the community. I must say I think his views are deplorable.
I do hope readers will not take his views to be representative of all Christians and their churches. I strongly disagree and found the photo of him standing on a rainbow flag to be inflammatory and hurtful, contradictory to his professed desire to engage in peaceable persuasion.
I am speaking for myself, but want to call attention to the fact that Pullman's Community Congregational United Church of Christ has a stated policy of being open and affirming, fully welcoming our gay and lesbian members and friends. I want to note that Trinity Lutheran is another Pullman church which has taken a similar public stand. Following Jesus' teachings and his many examples of love and inclusivity is a shining goal toward which we all strive. We welcome any who would like to bring this light into their lives.
Again, to your readers, please don't judge all Christians by the actions of a few.
Mary Carloye, Pullman

A gentle reminder for Doug Wilson, courtesy of Johnny Cash . . .

"God's Going to Cut You Down"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/GGCUD.mp3

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com